Monday 29 October 2012

trends

 
 
there is one trend that is really upsetting me at the minute, and that is the camo/khaki trend - i just cannot stand it. i can't go into a shop at the minute without seeing something without the dreaded print. i just think it's been really overdone recently, especially teamed with a pair of nike blazers and a beanie - cringe. don't get me wrong, i have seen them pulled off - very rarely when a more sophisticated lady slips one on they can perhaps be deemed acceptable.
(this also goes for the khaki coat with the leather sleeves)

on the other hand, trends i am loving this winter are wools, patterned heels and what Vogue called 'countryside alliance' back in july.
here are some examples of patterned heels that are on the market at the minute, i particularly like this trend because i think that a heels with a pattern can add that extra something to an outfit that may start of plain. they are also great if like me you wear a lot of black because they are perfect to team with a LBD. 
 



2 comments:

  1. Your first paragraph on this made me giggle! I completely agree with you!!

    However, I am too much of a pansy when it comes to ornate shoes, I worry about studs falling off and what to pair them with, so I usually just go for basic black - or at my most confident a 3 tier'd River Island pair which are different shades of purple (sounds gross, looks ace), maybe I should try to break out a bit more!

    Simone
    foxtrot-inkblot.blogspot.com

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you agree with me, it's awful!!

      I've got to admit, I am very similar to you with the fact that most of my heels are black - i do have a nude and red pair though. Looking at all these has really inspired me to go and have a little gander at some more adventurous styles! i really want some pointy stilettos so that may be my first purchase!

      let me know if you buy any!!
      xxxx

      Delete